So I’m a bit late on the draw here but I very recently noticed an interesting songwriting challenge through the S.A.C. (Songwriters Association of Canada) Here is my submission for week 5. The song is all about the darker shades of the mind and of love…The quest for finding peace within dreams and within life. The darkness that comes with the light.
I thought that one of the songs from ‘Shades of Red’ might work well for the challenge! Please check it out and listen for free! Your comments, Follows, likes and shares are encouraged. Written, produced, Arranged and performed by myself, but for the violin.
Musideum will be streaming the concert tonight! PWYC. 8pm – 10pm!
I am so thrilled to announce that my album ‘Shades of Red’ is now available for Download on iTunes! The physical Cd is coming soon!!!
Annie Bonsignore | Shades of Red
Release Date: October 30th, 2014 (Canada)
Formats: CD and Digital
Label: Independent release
Distribution: Silverbirch Inc
Genre: Pop, Crossover, Inspirational
Sounds Like: Jewel, Sarah McLachlan, Regina Spektor
- Annie Bonsignore’s self produced debut album, Shades of Red is a collection of 11 original songs with her extraordinary voice accompanied only by piano and violin, with minimalist traces of guitar and percussion. Mini operatic excursions take the place of solos, in this air tight production that really breathes. Ranging from early Brill Building era songcraft to modern Disney stylings, Annie has made an exceptionally beautiful, emotive album, all about the darker shades of love.
Annie is currently performing in Toronto and the surrounding areas.
- February 12th @ The Musideum
- March 21st @ Uncorked on Main
Praise for “Shades of Red”
“I was really struck by your music, and especially your vocals and harmonies” – David Neveu, pianist and composer.
“Powerful and Inspirational” – Massive World Management”
“These are fantastic! Beautiful. I love the feel and the harmony – and your singing and piano playing are wonderful….I’m moved by your music” – Jordan O’ Connor Composer/Bassist/Arranger/Producer/Film Editor
“Annie Bonsignore is the gorgeous singing voice of Laura. Her spiritual lyrics combined with an unstoppable creative energy carries A Dark Matter to new levels with a complex and unique soundtrack” James Naylor – Writer and Director of the film ‘A Dark Matter’.
Best of Me – Song Assessment by the Songwriters Association of Canada
- Rating 1 – 10 Artistic level, Commercial Potential, Song Quality – 9/10
- “Excellent job, this is a fine song for your record”
- “You have a wonderful sense of melody and that is the most difficult thing to master”
Annie Bonsignore – Shades of Red
Words, Music and Production by Annie Bonsignore
Album Art – Agency 71
I am thrilled to announce that my debut album ‘Shades of Red’ is almost ready to be released!! Not long now! Watch this space.
I have some really exciting news to share! I am now performing along side the talented guitarist, Dunstan Morey.
If you would like to hear some of our work, check it out on Dunstan’s site at http://torontoguitar.ca/annie-and-dunstan/
Hi everyone! Welcome to my new website.
Check back soon, lots more to come!